Local Information Management Specialist - Afghanistan PROMOTE M&E Services
The QED Group, LLC is a full-service international development firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We focus our efforts on two core practice areas: Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management. We work with U.S. agencies and overseas governments, international donors, private-sector clients, and PVOs/NGOs in more than 80 countries around the world. Key clients include USAID, the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
The QED Group is seeking an Information Management Specialist to contribute to an anticipated five-year program to provide USAID/Afghanistan with M&E services for its planned Afghan women’s economic/political rights and leadership development program, PROMOTE. Envisioned M&E services under PROMOTE will fall under several task areas including:
- Knowledge Management
- Performance Management & Evaluations
- Impact Evaluations
- Lessons Learned /Best Practices Development.
The purpose of PROMOTE is to overcome obstacles and provide opportunities that enable educated Afghan women to enter and advance within mainstream social, political and economic sectors such that women are able to assume decision making and leadership roles at all levels that will improve the status of women and accelerate inclusive, sustainable development and social progress in Afghanistan. Please note that Afghan citizenship/nationality is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate should have a background in information systems with skills and abilities in data collection procedures, systems design, systems analysis, and information systems project management. The candidate should also have skills and experience in GIS applications and hardware platforms, database design and management.
- Work with USAID/Afghanistan to develop systems to ensure the quality of data and ensure its entry into the new M&E, mapping and reporting systems.
- Coordinate with country office staff and evaluation teams to collect all field data (survey and GIS data, etc.) and ensure its entry into MIS.
- Manage Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN), including a collection of LAN devices and equipment.
- Afghan citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Management Information Systems (MIS), or related field.
- At least 6 years of experience working in information and communication technologies in the international development context.
- Experience with USAID-funded programs and familiarity with USAID policies and regulations highly preferred;
- Fluency in English and proven ability to communicate quickly, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, including technical documentation is required.
To apply to this position please click the “Apply Now” link and follow the application instructions below.
- Submit your current resume and coverletter.
- Complete and submit the attached 1420 biodata sheet.
- Complete and submit the attached Voluntary Self-ID Form.
Applications submitted by other means will not be considered. Please note only finalists will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: Recruitment@QEDGroupLLC.com.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/M/F/D