MIS/GIS Specialist – USAID/Tanzania M&E Services (Tanzanian Nationals)
The QED Group, LLC is a full-service international development firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We focus our efforts on two core practice areas: Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management. We work with U.S. agencies and overseas governments, international donors, private-sector clients, and PVOs/NGOs in more than 80 countries around the world. Key clients include USAID, the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
The QED Group is seeking an MIS/GIS Specialist for anticipated work on the three–year M&E Services for USAID/Tanzania. The goal of this project is to provide USAID/Tanzania substantive support with the collection of qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in assessing and evaluating the newly developed Country Development Cooperation Strategy’s (CDCS) development hypothesis through performance monitoring and reporting, annual evaluations of project achievements, and assessments of geographic or sectoral impacts across the Mission’s portfolio of projects in health, natural resource management, democracy & governance, and education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with USAID/Tanzania to develop systems to ensure the quality of data and ensure its entry into the new M&E, mapping, and reporting systems.
- Coordinate with country office staff and evaluation teams to collect all field data (survey and GIS data, etc.) and ensure its entry into MIS;
- Provide technical assistance, including the design and integration of the spatial database.
- Identify existing databases and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Liaise with implementing partners to collect their GIS data in a usable format.
- Meet with technical office staff as needed to define data needs and project requirements and perform spatial analysis using data from the project and data obtained from Iraq’s demographic and socio-economic survey.
- Support communication, and monitoring/evaluation initiatives with GIS information.
- Integrate GIS, performance management, field monitors reporting and projects operational databases to generate tabular and cartographic output for analysis
- Tanzanian citizenship required;
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Management Information Systems (MIS), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or related field;
- At least five (5) years of experience in international development with specialized knowledge in information management, database design, and IT systems;
- Several years of experience with GIS data entry, manipulation, and presentation, as well as a familiarity with web-based interfaces in addition to more traditional PC network based systems.
- Thorough knowledge of ArcGIS and database management;
- Demonstrated ability to create and/or manage a large, secure database with multiple parties providing information into that database using diverse means of data input;
- Demonstrated ability to compile and present the results of surveys in English to Mission, Embassy, and Government of Tanzania (GoT) personnel;
- Experience with USAID-funded programs and familiarity with USAID policies and regulations highly preferred;
- Knowledge of U.S. government information management protocols, as well as relevant USAID regulations and procedures, as well as experience on USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Good technical training and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work on a team or independently, prioritize tasks, and make recommendations at key decision points;
- Fluency in English and proven ability to communicate quickly, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, including technical documentation is required.
To apply to this position please click the “Apply Now” link and follow the application instructions below.
- Submit your current resume and cover letter.
- Complete and submit the attached 1420 biodata sheet.
Applications submitted by other means will not be considered. Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: Recruitment@QEDGroupLLC.com.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/M/F/D