Project Coordinator KDAD
The QED Group, LLC is seeking to hire a full-time Project Coordinator to support the USAID Feed the Future Knowledge Driven Agricultural Development (KDAD) Project. The KDAD project promotes effective, innovative knowledge management, strategic communications, and training services that further public investments in learning for agricultural development, food security, enterprise promotion, and poverty reduction. The project is responsible for developing and managing knowledge sharing tools and learning communities related to agricultural development and food security (www.agrilinks.org, www.feedthefuture.gov), inclusive market development (www.microlinks.org), Women’s Leadership in Small and Medium Enterprises (www.wlsme.org), and Agency-wide learning, evaluation, and knowledge management (www.usaidlearninglab.org)
KDAD Project Coordinators are responsible for backstopping a variety of KDAD activities including providing administrative and logistical support to the KDAD team, supporting the implementation of knowledge capture and sharing events (seminars, webinars, online discussions, and conferences/workshops), supporting internal knowledge sharing practices and assisting with project efforts at knowledge capture and review of emerging industry trends. As the primary backstop support for the project, Project Coordinators must be responsive, adaptable, quick to learn, and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. A keen interest in food security, enterprise development, capturing lessons learned development activities and an eye for detail combined with accountability are essential qualities for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide logistical, knowledge management, and communications support for events, conferences, and trainings both in-person and online
- Maintain project-wide activity management and knowledge management tools
- Assist the Assessing and Learning (A&L) team in collecting and preparing data for reports in response to client and partner inquiries
- Provide website support on multiple Drupal-based platforms
- Provide support for webinar events
- Record meeting notes and provide clear and concise syntheses of meetings and events as needed
- Conduct research as needed on key KDAD technical topics including agriculture/food security, microenterprise development, and knowledge management/learning
- Provide administrative support for KDAD staff and consultant travel
- Liaise with project vendors, maintain and update database of project vendors, and prepare purchase orders and modifications
- Prepare cost estimates, modifications, and/or contractual agreements
- Liaise across all programs and portfolios to increase cohesion across project
- Seek opportunities to identify more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate enhanced learning communities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (food security, market systems or financial inclusion related areas, international development, etc.). Master’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of experience working in one or more of the KDAD technical areas including: food security, agriculture, microenterprise development, financial services, knowledge management/learning
- Experience working with USAID or USAID-funded activities a plus
- International experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Experience working with Drupal, Adobe Connect, and Survey Gizmo a big plus
- Entrepreneurial work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to get stuff done
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanor when working under tight deadlines
- Team player
- Great sense of humor!
To apply to this position, please submit an updated resume, cover letter, and requested documents by clicking the Apply Now link. Follow the application instructions. Applications submitted by other means will not be considered. Please note only finalists will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
For those unable to submit online, please send your résumé and cover letter by e-mail to Recruitment@QEDGroupLLC.com with "KDAD Project Coordinator" in the subject line."
The QED Group, LLC is a growing international development consulting and management firm with practice areas in economic growth, democracy and governance, health, and knowledge management with experience in over 70 countries around the world.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/M/F/D