QED is part of Crown Agents’ consortium on the DFID Governance & Security Framework Lot F: Empowerment and Accountability. The consortium’s approach to Empowerment and Accountability focuses on developing and implementing context-specific solutions to improve state-society relations and...
Democracy & Governance
QED's democracy and governance practice works across all levels of government and with their stakeholders to improve government performance, accountability, responsiveness, and transparency. We balance innovation and cost-effectiveness with a strong technical approach to meet clients’ interests and needs.
QED helps local government officials learn from their strengths and weaknesses, and improve the quality of their services. We assist them with more successful outreach to their citizens and with increased understanding of citizen demands. QED works with governments to either establish or strengthen the openness and responsiveness of decision making.
QED effectively transfers the required knowledge, skills, and systems to key stakeholders and policy-makers so that they may create and sustain responsible, transparent citizen-government partnerships. QED helps clients:
- Improve transparency and abate corruption
- Enhance public sector performance and stakeholder participation
- Strengthen local government-citizen relationships
- Create meaningful citizen participation and public information campaigns
- Document what works to enhance future programmatic interventions
- Monitor, evaluate, and assess activities to inform decision making and future programming
- Share lessons learned and other programmatic information with target audiences
We have worked with clients to implement civil society, local government, decentralization, rule of law, anti-corruption, and public outreach and information programs in Europe, the former Soviet Union, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America.
- Anti-corruption and transparency programming
- Public sector performance management and Human Institutional Capacity Development
- Local and national government strengthening
- Decentralization reform
- Citizen participation and public information campaigns