Funded by UKaid, the End Child Marriage Programme (ECMP), or Finote Hiwot, is a partnership with the Government of Ethiopia to end child marriage for at least 200,000 adolescent girls in the East and West Gojam Zones of Ethiopia’s Amhara Region. The programme scales up Berhane Hewan, a...
QED specializes in:
- Knowledge management—helping an organization apply what it and its people know;
- Communications—sharing what an organization knows and accomplishes; and
- Continuous learning—helping people learn what they need to know throughout their careers.
QED studies how our clients’ people seek, interact with, and use information. Then we help them maximize the impact of the intellectual capital they generate with online communities, learning networks, communication programs, and blended learning solutions.
The cornerstone of our Knowledge Management (KM) and community of practice efforts is the Knowledge-Driven International Development portal, launched December 2010. KDID hosts a family of USAID communities that helps maximize the effectiveness of development assistance by connecting practitioners, promoting learning opportunities, and spreading innovation and good practice. KDID hosts online activities, e-consultations, ask the expert features; and distance learning programs. KDID also uses social networking so users can create their own profiles, events, groups, and chats; contribute content; and coordinate their own online meetings.
QED is a leader at developing and managing online communities for USAID, including:
- Structuring, managing, and sharing knowledge on the Web
- Retaining institutional knowledge
- Applying best practices and lessons learned
- Building virtual communities and connecting people in social networks
- Spurring innovation on and collaboration with learning networks
- Creating new partnerships
- Managing grants-under-contract
- Assessing target audiences
- Communicating to leadership, partners, and the public
- Reporting results
- Developing effective curricula
- Training and developing professional skills
- Facilitated learning events, including seminars, workshops, and conferences