This section explains how QED will handle information learned about you from your visit to this website.
Information Automatically Collected:
If you visit the site to browse, read, or download information:
- QED will collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account, or iowa.edu, if you are connecting from the University of Iowa's domain); the date and time you access the site, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site; and what information you view while you visit the site.
- QED will use this information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of the site, to find out what information is the most viewed, and to help make the website more useful to visitors. This gathering and storing of information is separate from the activity described as monitoring in the Security Notice.
- The information gathered is used primarily for site management described above, and may be used in the case of suspected unauthorized activity, for law enforcement and possible criminal prosecution (see Security Notice below).
Information Voluntarily Provided and Collected:
If you identify yourself by using our contact page or sending an email:
- You have voluntarily provided QED with potentially personally identifiable information. QED may use that personally identifiable information to respond to your comment, suggestion, or question. In aggregate, the information may be used to count the number of people corresponding with us via the contact page or email.
- You have voluntarily provided QED with potentially personally identifiable information, which will be used to fulfill your request for information. QED will not disclose the information to other parties and will only use the information for the purpose for which it was provided.
- You have voluntarily provided QED with potentially personally identifiable information, which will be used to evaluate your application and to contact you if you qualify for an open position. In order to hire staff to fill certain project positions, QED must obtain personnel or financial approval from our clients and/or project partners. In these cases, QED may be contractually required to share your job application details with our clients and partners during the recruiting and hiring process. Clients and partners are fully disclosed in job postings. By submitting a job application to client-funded positions, you provide QED the approval to share select information with them. QED will not disclose the information to other parties and will only use the information for the purpose for which it was provided.
Cookies and Other Information Stored on Your Computer
This site uses temporary or "session" cookies to keep track of activities during each session. These cookies allow the system to identify the responses from users as they use site features and are deleted by the system when the user logs off or closes the browser, thereby ending the session. This site does NOT use "persistent" cookies.
Some of the links on this site point to third-party sites not affiliated with this site that may place cookies on your computer. You should be aware that third-party sites may still place a cookie on your computer. If you want to avoid such cookies, we encourage you to set your browser to notify you when cookies are being set and allow you to reject them. Your system's help files will explain how to do this.
For SITE SECURITY purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
If monitoring reveals evidence of possible criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to law enforcement personnel.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on this website may contain hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. These links and pointers are provided for visitors' convenience. QED does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any linked information. Further, the inclusion of links or pointers to other websites is not intended to assign importance to those sites and the information contained therein, nor is it intended to endorse, recommend, or favor any views expressed, or commercial products or services offered on these outside sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites, by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise.
Disclaimer of Liability
Every effort is made to provide accurate and complete information. However, with the many documents available, QED cannot guarantee that there will be no errors. QED makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website.
With respect to the content of this site, QED does not make any warranty, expressed or implied or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, and the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to content available from this website or other Internet resources linked from it.
Links to this Website or Its Contents
You may freely link to this website or any of its content. We ask only that you use the full URL and identify that the link is to a public Internet resource.
Links to Other Sites
Our website has links to U.S. Government agencies and to private organizations. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the disclaimers and security and privacy policies of the new site.
QED’s website maintains profiles on several third-party social media sites. We are present on these sites in order to increase the reach of our knowledge sharing and networking activities.
Though we encourage commenting and conversation on our social media profiles, please remember that they are public forums and any information provided will be visible to the public. Please do not include personal details such as your telephone number, email address, or any other personal information that you do not want available to the general public.
Some Personally Identifying Information (PII) may become available to QED through your use of social media (i.e., we can see your name and picture if you post a comment); however, we may collect or store that information and use it for internal analytical purposes.
Our presence on social media sites is not intended to endorse, recommend, or favor any third-party company or service provider.
Copyright Notice and Intellectual Property
The information on this web site, including without limitation all design, text, images, white papers, press releases, news articles, methodologies, models, business processes, analyses, and other information, is protected under United States and other copyright laws and is owned by QED. The information may not, except under written license, be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without QED’s prior written consent. QED’s trademarks, logos, images, service marks, and trade dress used on this site are the property of QED and may not be used without permission from QED. To request usage permission, contact email@example.com.
It is the policy of QED to remove any content or information from its website which we believe infringes the intellectual property rights of others, upon receipt of and proper notification to QED by the intellectual property owner or the owner's legal agent. If you believe that any content appearing on our website infringes your intellectual property rights, please forward the following information in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the work that you claim has been infringed;
- An explanation about the nature of the infringement (e.g., whether it is a trademark, copyright, or other type of infringement of your intellectual property);
- The exact URL or a description of each place where alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith believe that the disputed use has not been authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
- Your electronic signature or the electronic signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf; and
- A statement by you made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, that you are the intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
QED manages the overall information content, design, and organization of this website.
For More Information
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please contact QED at email@example.com.